Pages

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Buzz on Plus: Simple solution for the GIF pest

Here is my solution for GIF motion sickness:
On upload or link, extract the first frame of the GIF animation and merge it with a png overlay.
Display the generated image and replace picture with the original animated GIF onClick.

A toggled onClick would also be possible, to play and stop the animation infinite times if wanted :D

And the best:
I made the entire awesome presentation in Google Docs! WHOOOHOOO!

Just kidding, it's ugly.

2 comments:

Apostol Apostolov said...

Great work. You should be proud to know that Google will not take your otherwise great suggestion in account. They have thousands of engineers in a whole parallel universe (where, until recently, Facebook did not exist and social networking as a laughing matter nearby the office water dispencer) to decide what makes it in...

R. Bambang Widiatmoko said...

I don't get this sorry, but how do I upload working animated gif to G+. Someone can do that thing and when I download n reupload their gif, the animation works. But when I create my own animated gif it doesn't work. What's wrong with my gif?

Post a Comment